Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Believe it or not...DIY Bronzer!

On Friday I shot a fashion segment  at The Lotta Stensson Boutique. I hope to post the footage this week. When I woke up Friday morning I realized "I need a Tan" I rummaged through my bathroom drawers only to realize I was out of  Bronzer, In a slight panic I googled make your own Bronzer not really expecting anything to come up to my delight and surprise I found the following recipe.
I had some hesitation about putting CoCoa Powder on my body but I figured it can't be any worse then the Mystery ingredients of my usual Lancome Bronzer. The mixture took only a few minutes to apply can easily be adjusted  by adding more lotion and mixing.
When I arrived at the shoot the VERY first thing the make-up artist said to me was "That my skin looked luminous" If that is'nt an endorsement for the DIY Bronzer then I don't know what is.


1.     DIY Self-Tanning Lotion (from Niki Leigh Spa) This one blew my mind.  Two ingredients, one fabulous tan.  (You may need to adjust for your skin tone, and remember that this is NOT waterproof.)  Perfect for a natural bronze look, and it smells yummy, too!
Ingredients:
• 1 tablespoon white unscented lotion
• 1 tablespoon pure cocoa powder
“Mix the lotion and cocoa powder together until very smooth and creamy, and apply with a sponge or makeup wedge.  Your tan will last until your next shower.”

No comments:

Post a Comment